Monday, March 14, 2016

Smoky Oat Bean Burger

I bought the Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook by Ann Crile Esselstyn and Jane Esselstyn and made the Smoky, Oat, Bean Burgers on pg. 223.  They are wonderful! With a side of dill pickle spears it made for a great dinner. I have never made a bean burger before, though I know several people who swear by them, so this was my first time.  Yummy!

They have navy beans, old-fashioned oats, brown rice, and a bunch of spices. Even my pickiest teenager likes these! I have mine with dijon mustard, lots of it. This cookbook is definitely a winner! I met Mrs. Esselstyn a few years ago at a potluck hosted by her son, Rip, at Whole Foods in Austin, Texas. She brought an appetizer that I just loved--half of a boiled baby potato with a swirl of homemade hummus on top. I liked it enough that I wanted to get this cookbook; I am glad that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment