Friday, October 12, 2012

About Me

I haven’t said anything about my family or myself, so here goes.  My SO and I are in our 40’s and we have three teenage children.  We love being parents to such amazing young people!  We have been eating a plant-based diet here at home for several months, well, we’ve been working on it for a couple of years, but I had a serious problem with drive-thrus….  As of the beginning of June, we have done great here.  I have had Multiple Sclerosis for 12 years and decided to get really serious about what I eat after having a bunch of new symptoms crop up, symptoms that were causing big quality of life issues for me.  I am happy to announce that changing my diet has reduced my symptoms to almost nothing!  My family has happily joined me in this way of eating and my SO has commented on how much better tasting the food is in addition to being healthier and kinder.  :) :)

We didn’t have a very exciting food day again, just trying to get the leftovers gone so we can start cooking again tomorrow.  I usually write out a menu Saturday mornings for the next week, then cook the majority of the dinners Saturday and Sunday.  This way we always have a good choice when we are tired and hungry at the end of the day and the children always have something to pack for the day or visits with their friends.

I made hash browns for breakfast and had half a fresh mango with it, lunch was tofu with a brown sauce and extra onions over steamed rice.  Dinner is, for me, the last of the risotto and a salad.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment