Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Spicy Peanut Tofu Sandwich






This sandwich was the centerpiece of this meal, shown in the bottom right picture.  We enjoyed a spicy peanut tofu sandwich, cantaloupe, corn on the cob, and beer.  So good!  I got the recipe on another site that I was looking at as Vegan MOFO has gotten underway, spicy peanut tofu sandwich

I modified the recipe a bit--I only sprayed the pan with oil instead of using a couple of tablespoons and I did not use the vegan mayo.  I did squeeze extra lime juice on the sandwich since the mayo was missing and it was a wonderful substitute.

I ate a cold leftover sandwich for lunch today.  It was so good that I think I am going to fix more of the tofu this weekend to have for lunches next week.  The fresh lime juice and cilantro really make the entire sandwich taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment